A LinkedIn page is a direct representation of your organization on LinkedIn. It helps people to understand more about your business, products, and services. You can define your brand’s identity, voice, purpose, culture, and content on LinkedIn through this. For an organization to interact with people on LinkedIn, a LinkedIn page is required.
How to create a LinkedIn page?
- Log in to your individual LinkedIn profile. It is necessary to have a LinkedIn profile to create a LinkedIn Page.
- Click the Work icon in the top right corner of your homepage.
- Click on Create a Company Page.
- Once you click the required option, you can select the type of page you want from the following options:
- Small business
- Medium to large business
- Showcase page
- Educational institution
- Enter the information like Page identity, Company or Institution details, and Profile details.
- Check out the verification box to confirm that you have the right to act on behalf of the organization for which you are creating the LinkedIn page.
- Once done, click on Create page.
- In case you see a red error message, it means that you do not meet the Page creation requirements or that you have reached the limit for Pages created.
- Once done, click on Start building your page! to build your page.
- In case you have created the Page for a school, you need to contact LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/ask/up-anup) for the Alumni Tool (https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/16639)
What is a LinkedIn Personal Page?
A LinkedIn Personal Page is nothing but the normal ‘LinkedIn profile’ that all of us use in LinkedIn. Remember logging in previously? It is like your personal hub on linked, where you can digitally represent your brand, or yourself as a brand. You can enlist your work experiences, build your network, share and create content, manage your connections, etc., or show your brand in a creative manner here. However, there are certain limitations that we will discuss in the differences section of this article.
You can create this Personal Page by logging into LinkedIn as an individual user and choose the Free or Premium Plan as per your requirement.
Differences between a LinkedIn Page and Personal Page
- LinkedIn pages are used to represent collective organizations, whereas Personal Pages represent individual users.
- While a Personal Page has connections, a LinkedIn Page has followers.
- Ads cannot be run through Personal Pages but can be run only on LinkedIn Pages.
- The sections available on a Personal Page are Activity, Experience, Skills & Endorsements, Recommendations, and Interests. On a LinkedIn Page, the sections available are Overview, About, Jobs, and People.
Note: It is free to create either a LinkedIn Personal Profile or a LinkedIn Page.
How to manage your LinkedIn Page?
Once you have created your company’s LinkedIn page, you have to start managing it properly. And that my fellow readers, is the crucial part of all.
The first thing to do is to determine the Page Admin as this person is the one responsible for posting and projecting the contents of your Page.
Multiple Admins are better as it can help taking actions when one of them is held up.
A team has to work alongside these Admins to provide the right insights and resources while making each and every addon to the Page. Be it the HR team or Marketing team, the combined efforts of everyone are required to buildup this page.
Next, complete all the Linkedin Page details. The more information you give, the more people trust you on LinkedIn. So, do not just fill in the necessary details. Take time to fill up as many details as possible. The more information you give, the more productive it is for your organizational growth.
Encourage all of your coworkers and employees to create LinkedIn accounts (Personal Pages) to drive active traffic and participation to your LinkedIn Page.
Have a regular peek into the analytics of your company’s Linkedin Page so that the visits and engagements can be understood to improve your content.
Based on these analytics, keep improving and updating your content to get more followers and engagements. Most importantly, customize your CTA.
Combine your ideas with partners and other companies while posting content, so that you can reach a wider audience.