Catalogue Manager & Catalogue Sales
Catalogue Manager & Shop
Tool to manage Facebook catalogues is Catalogue Manager. Facebook Shop is the place where the products are visible to shop for people. We can use the Facebook shop to manage the catalogue or from the Business Manager account by using Catalogue Manager.
The products can be added in the catalogue manually or by using facebook pixel integration. It syncs up the products from the website. If your site is built based on the shopify, it can be connected to facebook catalog manager and sync up under shop. From the catalogue manager, we can manage the products, add products and create product sets.
Other main tabs in Catalogue manager:
- Data sources: Data sources are how inventory information uploads to the catalogue. We can have multiple data sources uploading to our catalogue. In this tab, we can add items to our catalogue, see our data sources, update them and manage their settings.
- Events: This manages our catalogue’s connections to events data sources, such as a Facebook pixel. We have connected facebook pixel to the catalogue to run dynamic ads.
Creating Dynamic Ads with Catalogue sales Conversion objective
Audience options to choose from:
- Broad audience:
These are Facebook users that haven’t viewed our products yet. Facebook optimizes which products to display over time based on results.
- View content or add to cart but not purchased:
We can show relevant ads to prospective customers that have interacted with our website but not yet purchased.
This audience selection shows a product set to customers that have viewed a different product set.
This maximizes our customer lifetime value by showing relevant products to purchasers. This Promotes other product sets to people who purchased from a particular set.
So, in the creation process after choosing which product set to target, in the audience the two main options are:
1. Either retargeting products to people that have interacted with our website or
2. Showing ads to prospective customers
Customizing The Ad
The most commonly used format is a carousel with an end card. The images are taken care of by the catalog, so that just leaves the headline, ad text and link description to be filled.
We can Use the “+” buttons to access dynamic placeholders, this is where text such as the brand, product name, description and price can be populated automatically from the catalog.
Although the images are populated from the catalog, there is some customization that we can apply like catalog information and frames.
At last we can add the tracking parameter as Facebook pixel and create the ad.
Now, we have set the ad to show them to prospective customers. We can also try retargeting and see how these two perform. In retargeting, we can also set the number of days for the cart adds, product views etc.
Visit the following to learn how to measure the important matrics.